Wiki Actu en

August 31, 2015

Blue Bell ice cream production begins following hiatus

Filed under: Disputed,Texas — admin @ 5:00 am

Blue Bell ice cream production begins following hiatus

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search
Texas
Related articles
Location of Texas
Map of USA TX.svg
Collaborate!
  • Pillars of Wikinews writing
  • Writing an article

Monday, August 31, 2015

After vanishing from shelves for several months, Blue Bell ice cream return to a few retail outlets on Monday. Texas Governor Gregg Abbott celebrated the restart of production of the beloved product with a press release, stating, “Texans can rejoice today as Blue Bell ice cream makes its long-awaited comeback in freezer aisles across the state.”

The embattled company ceased production for several months earlier this year after was found………………….. The ice cream was available for purchase in a select number of cities, including Austin.

The governor’s office quoted him as saying, ” “



Sources[]

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

Fire kills eleven at oil worker housing in Alkhobar, Saudi Arabia

Fire kills eleven at oil worker housing in Alkhobar, Saudi Arabia

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Monday, August 31, 2015

A fire in the eastern Saudi city of Alkhobar tore through a housing complex for oil workers yesterday, killing eleven, according to civil officials.

Alkhobar, from file.
Image: Francisco Anzola.

The Radium complex is rented by oil firm Aramco for their employees. According to nearby resident Mohammed Siddique the fire broke out early in the morning. Siddique says the building contains locals, as well as Westerners and Asians. The cause is unclear but the civil defence ministry tweeted “Cars and furniture caught fire in the basement of one of the towers”.

Over 200 people were injured. Firefighters scaled the burning tower on ladders, and helicopters were on-scene. Other towers in the complex were evacuated. Thick smoke from the blaze complicated rescue efforts.

Aramco CEO Amin H. Nasser said the firm is “deeply saddened to learn of the fatalities and injuries. We offer heartfelt condolences to the families. Our immediate priority is to provide full support to those affected by this tragic incident.” Aramco, which produces and exports more crude oil than any competitor worldwide, say the fire is under investigation.



Sources

Bookmark-new.svg


This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

JOHN S WHITE SNOOKER PLAYER

Filed under: Articles with broken source templates,Review — admin @ 5:00 am

JOHN S WHITE SNOOKER PLAYER – Wikinews, the free news source

JOHN S WHITE SNOOKER PLAYER

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

/gallery /gallery

Heading text[]

===Monday, August 31, 2015

Name: John S White Born: 17/07/79 Place of Birth: Dunstable (Bedfordshire) Current location (Devon)

Snooker Player

Warwick Behan WINNER & Runner up on 5 occasions Doubles WINNER & runner up Ilfracombe Singles WINNER & Runner up Ilfracombe Handicap Singles WINNER & Runner up Pot Black Devon Under 21 Winner 1999



Sources[]

  • “[ ]” — 
  • “[ ]” — 

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

August 29, 2015

Four men go before Hungarian court after 71 found dead in lorry

Four men go before Hungarian court after 71 found dead in lorry

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Austria
Other stories from Austria
…More articles here
Location of Austria

A map showing the location of Austria

To write, edit, start or view other articles on Austria, see the Austria Portal
Flag of Austria.svg

Four foreign men have today gone before a court in Hungary on suspicion of people smuggling. Their detention relates to Thursday’s discovery of a lorry full of corpses in Austria. The death toll was yesterday finalised at 71.

Today’s hearing took place at the Palace of Justice in Kecskemet, pictured here from file.
Image: Tothsandor92.

The lorry had been abandoned since Wednesday on the hard shoulder of the “Eastern Motorway“, near the Hungarian border. Roadworkers became suspicious of dark liquid seeping from the vehicle, and responding police found the bodies. Initial police estimates were that 20–50 were suffocated in the back of the lorry which was near Parndorf.

The arrested men are thought to include the vehicle’s owner and at least two drivers. Three are Bulgarian and one is from Afghanistan. Criminal suspects in Hungary can generally be held for 72 hours before charge but prosecutors, citing the seriousness of the case, want the period extended. Extradition to Austria is possible.

Of the 71 dead, 59 are men, eight are women, and four are children. The children are thought to be aged three, eight, and ten years, alongside an eighteen-month-old baby. “There was also a Syrian travel document found” police spokesman Hans Peter Doskozil told journalists “so of course our first assumption is that these people were migrants, and likely a group of Syrian migrants. We can rule out that they were Africans”.

The four accused were escorted into court in Kecskemet, central Hungary, by a police convoy. Reportedly the lorry traveled from Kecskemet. Hungary is presently building a border fence across the Serbian frontier, as migrants from war-torn Syria and other regions seek access to the Schengen Area of free movement, which covers most of the EU.

Screengrab of Hyza graphic from the company homepage.
Image: Hyza.

Slovak chicken meat company Hyza, a previous owner, previously told Wikinews the lorry has changed hands several times in roughly the last year. After they sold it they say it was exported to Hungary; it now bears Hungarian plates but still features Hyza branding including pictures of meat.

On the day of the discovery Hyza quickly removed a graphic from their homepage featuring cartoon chicken stowaways in a car being inspected at a customs post. The stowaways also appeared with a line through them alongside the word “imigranti” and the site www.imigranti.sk in one corner. On the other side was Hyza’s logo. Imigranti.sk is also unavailable.

Police today found 26 migrants in a lorry near Braunau am Inn, Austria. The driver, from Romania, refused to stop for police and was arrested following a chase. Police said three children were hospitalised for “severe dehydration”. Found near the German border, the migrants were from Afghanistan, Syria, and Bangladesh.



Related news[]

Sources[]

Bookmark-new.svg


This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

SHREE TUMBESHWAR TEMPLE LEGEND HISTORY

Filed under: Articles with broken source templates — admin @ 5:00 am

SHREE TUMBESHWAR TEMPLE LEGEND HISTORY – Wikinews, the free news source

SHREE TUMBESHWAR TEMPLE LEGEND HISTORY

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Delete this line, and start typing your article in its place



Sources[]

  • “[ ]” — 
  • “[ ]” — 

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

YTN makes retractions following broadcasts on Jung Myeong Seok

Filed under: Review — admin @ 5:00 am

YTN makes retractions following broadcasts on Jung Myeong Seok

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Saturday, August 29, 2015

YTN, a 24-hour news network based in South Korea, is retracting information it recently broadcasted regarding Jung Myeong Seok.

Jung, founder of the Christian Gospel Mission (CGM), was convicted in 2009 of sexual assault and is currently serving a ten year prison sentence in the public prison of Daejon, South Korea.

The broadcasts in question occurred between May 22 and July 26, 2014.

YTN published its retractions as follows:

“Between May 22 and July 26, 2014, this news station broadcasted as follows about President Jung Myeong Seok: ‘President Jung Myeong Seok of JMS sexually assaulted female members and then fled to various foreign countries, but was eventually captured by the Chinese police when he was in China and repatriated to Korea;’ ‘He stowed away,’ and ‘He accepted sexual favors as bribes from female members.’ However, after verifying the truth, it was confirmed that the sexual assault charges were dismissed by the prosecutors involved, and he was able to travel overseas lawfully. He returned to Korea several times during his travels and was investigated by the prosecutors about his travels. In these ways, the news broadcasted about Jung was different from the facts. Even the charge of him accepting sexual favors as bribes was also dropped. It is evident that the reportings on Jung were not entirely based on fact. Hence, we make the appropriate corrections. Additionally, it was confirmed that the name JMS is not in fact the ministry’s official name. Hence, we correct it to the ministry’s actual official name, The Christian Gospel Mission.”

The retractions by YTN are the latest in a series of controversies following the JMS ruling in 2009.

Following Jung’s sentencing, SBS, a major media station in Korea, was found guilty of broadcasting doctored versions of Jung’s sermons prior to his trial.

Specifically, the network altered the audio and added additional subtitles to one of Jung’s sermons from 1995. In the original sermon, Jung said that the tithe of life was to evangelize “one part in ten”; the version broadcasted by SBS said “one woman.” Additionally, videos of Jung with males and females side by side were doctored to show only females with Jung. The CGM brought legal action against SBS for this, won against SBS, and received 900 million won in compensation for damages ($900,000 USD).

The court also made the following orders:

  • SBS must not broadcast material provided by the involved informant (Kim 00)
  • SBS must inform the Christian Gospel Mission 48 hours before broadcasting any material related to their organization
  • SBS must guarantee 5% of the broadcasting time to the Christian Gospel Mission so that their rebuttal will also be aired.

If these orders are violated, SBS must pay damages in the amount of 30 million won(30,000 US dollars) for each violation.

SBS later issued an official letter of apology to the CGM. However, the violations, for which they were liable to pay damages, were not made known to the viewing public.

Additionally, Kim Do Hun, founder of the anti-JMS NGO EXODUS, was found to have extorted the Providence group for more than 2 billion won(2 million USD).

Several investigative reporters in South Korea have been critical of the processing of Jung.

Jung is currently not scheduled for an appeal or retrial.

Sources[]

  • Moon Il Suk. ““Reconsideration Need for the Case of Jung Myeong Seok”” — Break News, 2010-2-15
  • Kim Jun Ho. ““The Truth Behind JMS and Jung Myeong Seok”” — NewsDaily, 2010-10-12
  • “JMS President Jung Myeong Seok — Is this a Social or Religious Issue?”” — Monthly Politic and Economic, 2012-5-31
  • Cha Jin Su. ““Why is JMS President Jung Myeong Seok bearing the Cross?”” — Minjung(Civil Affairs Magazine), 2010-2-15(SBS의 이와 같은 편파적인 보도에 대해 법원은 결국 화해권고결정을 내렸다. 주 내용으로는 ‘김 OO씨 등의 일방적인 제보 자료를 방송에 써서는 안 되며 방송 48시간 전 고지할 것과 방송분의 5%를 보장하여 반론 보도를 할 수 있도록 하라는 것이었다. 또한 이를 어길 시에는 건당 3,000만원을 배상하라’는 결정이었다[In dealing with the misleading coverage by SBS, the Court decided that the matter should be resolved by way of settlement between the two parties. A court order was given regarding the terms of the settlement, which included the following:·SBS must not report on President Jung if it intends on using information directly provided by Kim OO in its reporting. ·SBS must give at least 48 hour notice to Christian Gospel Mission of the basic contents of what it plans to broadcast.·SBS must provide 5% of the broadcast time for the Christian Gospel Mission to respond to SBS’s reporting.·In the event that SBS violates any of the above terms, it must pay compensation for the damages caused to Christian Gospel Mission in the amount of 30 million won ($30,000 USD) per violation.])

Evidence that anti-JMS orgs demanding money from R. http://www.mjknews.com/news/photo/201205/58073_52227_3515.jpg File:Anti-JMS_orgs_demand_for_money.jpg

Court Advisory Ruling http://www.newsdaily.kr/news/photo/201010/33956_24798_460.jpg File:Ruling_on_SBS_JMS_biased_coverage.jpg

Kim Do Hyung Demanding 20 Billion Won http://www.newsdaily.kr/news/photo/201010/33956_24794_420.jpg File:Kim_Do_Hyung_Demands_Money_from_JMS.jpg

1999 Kim Do Hyung Apology Letter http://www.newsdaily.kr/news/photo/201010/33956_24795_4210.jpg File:Kim_Do_Hyung_Apology_Letter_1999.jpg

2005 3-17 and 7-21 Kim Do Hyung Apology Letters http://www.newsdaily.kr/news/photo/201010/33956_24796_4219.jpg File:Kim_Do_Hyung_Apology_for_slander.jpg

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

August 28, 2015

Clemon Indoor Uni-Cricket

Filed under: Articles with broken source templates — admin @ 5:00 am

Clemon Indoor Uni-Cricket – Wikinews, the free news source

Clemon Indoor Uni-Cricket

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Friday, August 28, 2015

Delete this line, and start typing your article in its place



Sources[]

  • “[ ]” — 
  • “[ ]” — 

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

Foreign journalists reporting restrictions revoked by Indonesian government

Foreign journalists reporting restrictions revoked by Indonesian government

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Friday, August 28, 2015

Indonesian Home Affairs Minister Tjahjo Kumolo, has revoked and apologized for the proposal of plans for more stringent regulations placed on foreign journalists due to public disgruntle. New regulations would require foreign journalists to provide reports to appropriate government authorities, and the National Intelligence Agency (BIN), detailing any work in Indonesia.

These new regulations were issued to the entire island on Wednesday in an attempt for the Foreign Ministry to administer and oversee all activity of journalists. Foreign journalists and television crews, activists and non-government organisations would have been among those affected by the new changes of policy.

The Alliance of Independent Journalists Indonesia (AJI) believed the new regulation violated the freedom of the press in Indonesia and went against the original principles of freedom of the press in Indonesia and West Papua.

“The policy contradicts the pledge that President Jokowi made when he was in Papua that he would allow open access to foreign journalists,” Sujarwono, AJI chairman, said.

The Jakarta Foreign Correspondents Club commented on the bid to change policies surrounding the freedom of press to be saddening as the Indonesian government claims to support freedom of speech and human rights, taking a democratic government stance.



Sources[]

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

Foreign journalists facing restrictions put in place by the PNG Government

Filed under: Uncategorized — admin @ 5:00 am

Foreign journalists facing restrictions put in place by the PNG Government

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Friday, August 28, 2015

Home Affairs Minister Tjahjo Kumolo, has revoked and apologized for the proposal of plans for more stringent regulations placed on foreign journalists due to public disgruntle. New regulations would require foreign journalists to provide reports to appropriate government authorities, and the National Intelligence Agency (BIN), detailing any work in Indonesia.

These new regulations were issued to the entire island on Wednesday in an attempt for the Foreign Ministry to administer and oversee all activity of journalists. Foreign journalists and television crews, activists and non-government organisations would have been among those affected by the new changes of policy.

The Alliance of Independent Journalists Indonesia (AJI) believed the new regulation violated the freedom of the press in Indonesia.

“The policy contradicts the pledge that President Jokowi made when he was in Papua that he would allow open access to foreign journalists,” Sujarwono, AJI chairman, said. According to AJI Indonesia, the new regulations have demonstrated the government does not fully understand the principle of press freedom and freedom of expression in Indonesia.

The Jakarta Foreign Correspondents Club commented on the bid to change policies surrounding the freedom of press to be saddening as the Indonesian government claims to support freedom of speech and human rights, taking a democratic government stance.



Sources[]

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.

Jetliitus

Filed under: Articles with broken source templates,Review — admin @ 5:00 am

Jetliitus – Wikinews, the free news source

Jetliitus

From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Jump to: navigation, search

Friday, August 28, 2015

Jetlitus Jetlitus is a disease you can get because you have extraordinary skills in the art of jung fou, an ancient japagolian art. This art consists of riding horses and fighting with a bow. It is spelled ឭឰឮចរ៚. The meaning of this word is literally translated to “fruits and veggies are Banana” This art was called this because Banana. Japagolians worship Banape the Banana Grape god he created all Bananas and grapes. Acording to Japagolian legend you can only eat twelve bananas a day or the Banape will strike you with a hailstorm of grapes.



Sources[]

  • Banana. “[ Jet li]” — apple, grape
  • “[ ]” — 

This text comes from Wikinews. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 licence. For a complete list of contributors for this article, visit the corresponding history entry on Wikinews.
Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress